Sunday, September 26, 2010

Counting Our Blessings . . .



What does it mean to be blessed? For me, it's to experience the Creator's presence.

All of life is infused with the Divine. If only we recognize this we can feel the joy of life in seemingly ordinary moments. Blessings come in countless forms; big life changing events or tiny moments of wonder.

My life has been blessed beyond measure. This past week has been overflowing with Divine blessings. My third grandson was born into our family on September 21st (the International Day of Peace, how cool is that!) and his presence is a blessing to our family in countless ways. To watch him sleep is to witness real peace, to smell his newborn scent is to be filled with the fragrance of purity, to hear his cry is to know the wonder of life and to witness family and friends in awe of such a tiny creation is to see the Divine in all who hold and love him.

My daughters and grandsons are a huge Blessing in my life, but I also count the little Blessings. Here is a short list; the smell of coffee in the morning, the scent of roses (reminds me of my Mother), the taste of a vine ripened tomato, the smell of the ocean, ladybugs and butterflies, the feel of freshly laundered sheets, belly laughs, doggy nuzzles, handwritten cards and letters, star light. I could go on and on and on . . .

If, just for one day, we make a list of the Blessings we experience ~ our lives will be enriched and have a little sparkle!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sherrie for this posting--it is right on time for me! YOU are a blessing~~~<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... you are like your friend above said a real blessing to all.

    ReplyDelete